Tuesday 3 May 2011

Day ONE

I'm starting this BLOG to help me keep motivated to eat according to my EDS testing results.

What is EDS testing?

Well, I got hooked up to a machine and they tested one-by-one a whole list of foods and environmental samples that people develop sensitivities to and then they measure my body's elctrical response.  From the results of this test, they determined that I am sensitive to the following foods, and therefor should avoid them completely for the next 8 weeks and then come back for re-testing.

Lamb*
Pork
Butter*
Cheese*
Cottage Cheese
Salmon*
Cod
Peach
Grapes
Lemon
Kiwi
Fig
Cranberry*
Mango
Peanut
Cashew
Cocoa*
Carob
Chickpea
Asparagus
Mushroom
Cucumber*
Bell Peppers
Barley
Rice
Soy*
Wheat
Yeast
Lactose
Quinoa
Hemp
Parasite
Curry
Black Pepper
Cinnamon
Cumin
Ginger
Tumeric

* Foods that scored higher and should definately avoid.

In addition to this my Candida level was tested and I scored a 7.5 out of 10 which is not great. Candida is a fungus that lives in our gut and feeds off sugars.  It is linked to sugar cravings and other ailments in the body.

This means for the next 8 weeks I will be trying to avoid these foods along with sugar, and anything derived from a cow.  This is day 1 of a 56 day journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...