Saturday 28 July 2012

Long time no post?

Wow, it's been 2 weeks since my last post.  I think that's the longest I've gone since I started in December.

I've had a lot going on, but not a whole lot to post about.

I'm still tracking, still exercising, and actually, it has been one week since my last caffeinated beverage.  While I am not by any means "off" the wagon... I'm also not by any means really in the game weight-loss wise.

Right now I am just trying to balance everything out, while figuring out what the best plan of action is, for me to continue on in this journey in a balanced way.

I wonder if MyFitnessPal is still the answer for me right now... I don't know.
I've debated joining Weight Watchers for added accountability and a different way of tracking intake... I don't know.
I've considered going back to what worked for me before which was just trying to balance my days so I had a few healthier meals and one not-as-healthy meal. Then exercising whenever I could fit it in... no pressure.  


Whatever I decide needs to be balanced enough to last long-term, and not be as consuming as I have been in the past.  One thing I have learned for myself, is that when it comes to exercise and nutrition, I can be a bit of an extremist.  It consumes me.  I can be very "all or nothing" in that respect, and right now I realise that needs to change into a sustainable balanced approach that works for ME.  While MFP did work for me, the way I have reacted to it lately is NOT working.  I became obsessive, and THAT is not my idea of a healthy approach.  

For now, I'm just holding on... trying my best and working towards figuring out which approach will work for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...