Thursday 12 July 2012

And it starts...

I have two days of tracking under my belt.   It feels pretty good. 

I weighed yesterday, and the official weight to start is 225.  

**Rambling Ahead**

I can't be too hard on myself, but that means that I am the same weight I was in February.  So, although I have lost and gained, I have made no significant progress (weight-wise) in almost 5 months.  I did get down around 220, and stayed there for a long time, I saw 214.8 one time when I lost almost 5lbs in a week, but then a few weeks later I was back up to 220 again.  So in my head, I kind of omit the 214.8 (because I wasn`t there long), and therefore feel like I have only really gained 5lbs.  

Moving forward, what's on my mind?

Well, I have a personal trainer appointment tomorrow.  I'm feeling really sceptical about it.  The last time I met with this trainer, I did not pick up a very good vibe from her.  I'm hoping it goes well, but I guess we'll see.  My number one priority it getting my cardio back up, and while I haven't been to the gym yet this week, I have done the Canyon View Trail several times and had one rest day so far.  

Today I plan to either do the Canyon View again, or go for a run.  Tomorrow will be my first a.m. workout in weeks, and then next week I intend to resume my a.m. workouts completely.  Now that I am mostly healed less injured I feel like I should be able to get back in the game.  

Its funny.  In my head I feel SO LAZY and like such a failure for the last few months. Then, really when I think about it... I have been injured! I am supposed to be taking it easy and letting my body heal.  I just forget that I am injured and call myself lazy all the time.  Then because I feel lazy, I make poor food choices and feel worse.  Its such a rough spiral. 

Hurt  ->  Rest  ->  Feel Lazy  ->  Eat  -> Feel bad for eating  -> Feel lazy  -> Eat more  .... and so on.

Now comes the task of climbing back out of the hole I dug.  LUCKILY, I only have a 5lb hole to dig this time. I can get back on track and focus on getting my body into the shape I want it and get to the point in my journey where I can enjoy maintenance which is somewhere between 45-75lbs away.  I've already lost 82lbs so I am over half-way no matter which way I split it!!  

Also, I have committed to running a half marathon in October.  It is now just over 12 weeks away.  

One thing is for sure

I NEED TO START TRAINING!!

Positive affirmations:

I will be in control of what goes in my mouth
I will get under the 200lb mark
I will be happy and healthy 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Megan (Nice name btw)
    I was in a similar space not long ago, I had lost a few kilos by going to the gym and then lost interest in the gym and gained it all back again. I decided that I was better off getting a trainer as I just didnt know what I was doing at the gym. I did my homework and eventually I found one that I really like. She does it at her home, and although she is incredibly fit and at first this made me very self conscious of my own lack of fitness, she also made me feel good about my achievements. I have been doing it for about 2 months now, and absolutely love it. I always do something new, feel motivated and have started to notice results!! It's a great feeling. Getting a trainer is well worth it, just don't let one deter you, there's bound to be one out there for you!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on trying again with a trainer that didnt vibe well last time. If it doesnt work this time, dont take it personal and move on ... not everyone is meant to work with all different people.

    Great job re-establishing a weigh in, tracking and goals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...