Saturday 14 January 2012

I'm going to do what?!?!

I've been really hesitant about setting public goals lately... I'll tell everyone what I have done, and what I am doing, but I'm pretty vague about what I would actually like to do.  I have a hard time committing to a specific plan because I don't want to fail or be judged.  This is something I am working on.

With that being said, I have been thinking about my running goals for a while now, ever since I completed the couch to 5k program.  When they ran the marathon on Biggest Loser I felt like "Why not?".  If they can run a marathon, SO CAN I.

Anyhow, on Facebook there have been a few ladies that have also inspired this decision. One, Workout Girl, who just finished her first half-marathon at DISNEY!  She totally rocked it!! Also Sara - Use it 2 lose it, also committed to running her first half-marathon in October.

Well, I was checking out local races and found that there is a marathon/half-marathon/8k called Goodlife Fitness Victoria Marathon.  I checked out the route, and it looks like it would be a fantastic run with AMAZING scenery.  Its not until October 7th, 2012, so I have roughly 266 days to prepare.

Also, the run goes right past the houses I lived in when I was 2-3 years old, and the house where I actually created my longest lasting memory.  A house where I made a scar, not once, but twice(in the exact same spot) that is on my forehead and become a part of my identity.  The same house where my parents got married.  What a fitting place to run MY very first half-marathon!

Not going to lie, I'm totally scared.  I hope my injuries heal up so I can start training more and working my way towards this.  Either way, I'm putting it OUT there...

I AM WORKING TOWARDS MY FIRST HALF-MARATHON!!

2 comments:

  1. You can do this!!! I would love to be able to do a 5K.. There are a few a year around here..
    One is happening today :-( It started down the road and goes along the river..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you training at all? I did couch to 5k in September. I guess it wouldn't hurt to do a couple 5 or 10ks in the mean time? LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...